IS-006 - Rigging critical loads
Achieve your IS-006 rigging critical loads licence now!
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM THIS IS-006 RIGGING TRAINING?
For the IS-006 rigging and signalling for critical loads diploma, Praxis is the right place for you!
The IS diplomas are essential in the petrochemical and port industries.
It can take place on your location or in one of our partner centers in Flanders.
The amount of days of training depends on your experience and competences.
If you pass, then you will receive the official IS-006 diploma!
The purpose of this training is effective and safe lifting of combined or difficult-to-handle loads.
With the help of chain blocks for complicated constructions or situations.
- Every lifter of critical loads is welcome in this training!
- The one day training is a refresher for people who already have an IS-006 certificate
- The two-day training is a full training that everyone can participate in
- Being at least 18 years old
- Identification possible through an identity card, passport or driving license
- Possession of a medical fitness certificate
- The participant is fluent in the language of the exams
- Praxis has an active equal opportunities policy. Our exams are open to everyone who fulfill the conditions, regardless of gender, skin color or religion
- Examination regulations available on request for in-house training courses
Employees who need to lift and move critical loads and/or coordinate these works on a company property in installations, workshops or warehouses when carrying out lifting work.
Are considered a critical load:
- Loads with an unknown center of gravity, which are bulky in shape or size and which do not have fixed defined stop points
- Loads that need to be precisely positioned and therefore precisely applied must be attached exactly correctly
- Loads that are taken over or in which there is an interaction between crane and building or between crane and crane
- Loads that need to be lifted with several non-stationary lifting lifting equipment.
For employees that work in (petro)chemical industry, this exam must be taken in a recognized center.
Learning how to do it effectively and safely:
- Rigging and moving loads
- Pointing out loads by communicating with the operator of a lifting equipment
NOT WORDS, BUT ACTIONS!
- Theory introduction (30%) with many practical exercises (70%)
- Theory exam
- Practical exam
- Every successful participant receives the Besacc-VCA IS-006 diploma: rigging critical loads
- The diploma is personal-related and indicates the high-risk task the participant has passed.
- The diploma is valid for 5 years and is registered online at http://besacc.epyc.eu/diploma.
THEORETY TEST TERMS
The candidate can:
- Indicate which loads are considered critical loads
- List the risks when attaching and moving loads
- Indicate the applicable laws and standards
- List and explain the aspects of the inspections according to the regulations and according to VCA
- Determining the basic characteristics of the load
- Calculate the forces that occur in the lashing material
- Explain the basic concepts related to load
- Explain the basic concepts related to the lifting accessories and calculate the load in the lifting accessories
- Indicate the legally required hand and arm signals
- Explain the use of the different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories, parts and assemblies, their application range and the advantages and disadvantages
- Explain the maintenance, control and storage of the different types of lashing material
- Correctly interpret the data that must appear on the different types of lashing material
- Determining how a load can be safely attached, with different lifting materials and accessories, depending on the nature of the load
- List various points for attention in the risk analysis for lifting work
PRACTICAL TEST TERMS
- Attach and correctly position a complex construction with a difficult-to-determine center of gravity
- Tackling a heavy load with imbalance
- Tighten an electric motor properly (do not use eyebolts), move it and place it on its foundation
- Attaching a long load, straighten it and put it down correctly in a different direction
- Guiding a load along a route
OTHER RISKY TASKS
We also organize exams for the following high-risk tasks:
- IS-001 - Working with forklift advanced
- IS-002 - Working with reach truck advanced
- IS-003 - Working with a rigid telescopic handler
- IS-004 - Working with aerial work platfrom on truck
- IS-005 - Working with self-propelled aerial work platfrom
- IS-006 - Attachment and removal of critical loads
- IS-007 - Confined space security guard
- IS-009 - Working with personal fall protection advanced
- IS-010 - Working on flanges-flanges mechanic
- IS-011 - Working with an overhead crane with cable control / remote control
- IS-012 - Working with an overhead crane with in-cab controls
- IS-013 - Measurement and detection of hazardous substances (EX-OX-TOX)
- IS-031 - Working with rotary telescopic handlers
- IS-032 - Working with rotary telescopic handlers with hoisting function
- IS-081 - Work with independent (autonomous and non-autonomous) respiratory protection
- IS-082 - Working with self-contained breathing apparatus
- AV-001 - Working with forklift truck basic
- AV-002 - Working with reach truck basic
- AV-003 - Working with scissor lift
- AV-004 - Attachment and removal of non-critical charges
- AV-006 - Working with personal fall protection basic
- AV-011 - Fire watch (including: Extinguishing with small extinguishers (AV-012))
- AV-012 - Extinguishing with small extinguishers
- AV-013 - Working with mobile crane
- AV-014 - Working with earthmoving machine with lifting function
- AV-015 - Working with a truck-mounted crane
- AV-016 - Working with a fast-erecting crane up to 10 tonne metres
- AV-017 - Working with tower crane
- AV-021 - Scaffolder
- AV-022 - Scaffolding inspector
- Mobile self-propelled work equipment can only be used by workers who have received the appropiate training for the safe operation of these work equipment (Codex book IV, title 3)
- A safety function is considered to be any work station where work equipment is used, where motor vehicles, cranes, overhead cranes, hoists of any kind are operated. (Codex book I, title 4)
- The purpose of safety and health signs is to draw attention in a fast and easily understandable way to objects activities and situations, which may cause certain dangers.(Codex book III, title 6, annexes 1-9)